The Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa State hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic, and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- In addition to proven Management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
Qualifications and Qualities
The Candidate for the post is expected to possess the following qualification and qualities:
- Must hold at least a Master’s Degree, but preferably a Doctorate Degree from a recognized Institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector.
- Must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations, and positive managerial attributes.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be fair-minded and dynamic individual with an impeccable reputation.
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethical, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government Hospital).
- Must be proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment / Condition of Service
- The Appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years.
- The Salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time-to-time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of Applications and Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- No and ages of children
- Permanent home address
- Current contact Address with telephone Number(s)/Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition for and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words)
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Confidential Reports of three (3) Referees on the candidate.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials are to be submitted, in a sealed envelope with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelope, by hand or post to:
Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe
P.M.B. 110, Yenagoa,
- Reference Letters from 3 Referees under confidential cover should be forwarded to the address above closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.