Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality, Health Safety & Environment Specialist
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting To: Quality, Health Safety & Environment Lead
- This role is responsible for Inspecting work areas and employee work habits to ensure that everything is in compliance with Quality, Health Safety & Environment (QHSE) rules and environmental safety guidelines; and makes changes to improve the safety of the workplace when necessary.
- Prepare budget for safety training and purchase of safety equipment’s for IE filed staff.
- Plan and conduct safety awareness training/program; ensure employees follow safety rules & regulations; distribute safety pocket book incorporating the rules & regulations.
- Plan and carry out safety audits periodically for substations, office buildings, stores, etc. and propose recommendations for improvements in the aspects of health and safety.
- Assist in handling and reporting electrical accident cases to the management with measures to avoid future occurrences.
- Handling communications with NERC and other IE departments and preparing annual reports.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related engineering field / environmental health and safety management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Professional Qualification/ Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment.
- Good understanding of technical and engineering aspects of the Distribution of power and electricity.
- HSE Professional- Knowledge
- HSE Monitoring and Administration
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Security, Patrol & Enforcement
- Security Operations
- Workforce Engagement – Safety awareness and Culture Building
- Security Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online