Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline. We connect more than 160 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the Five-star airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Airport Services Agent
Job Id: 154498
Category: Cargo & Airport Operations
- We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Ground Services team in Abuja as Senior Airport Services Agent.
- Provides quality service to passenger in respect to check-in, boarding, special services, lounges, airport hotel and baggage services as per company’s commercial and safety standards and procedures ensuring passenger and their baggage are handled in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Ensure Premium Passengers receive total quality service and staffs adhere to safety policy and security standards of the company.
- Acts as the first contact between the Airline and its customers as well as all stake holders and agents who may need assistance with questions, portray QR image to the highest standards.
- Ensure that airport operation meets QR’s standards; policies and procedures satisfy local and international safety and security standards and conform to aviation regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all areas of operations, i.e. flight OPS (OTP), WBL, aircraft loading, baggage handling, departure, arrival, cargo handling run smoothly and efficiently.
- Monitors all Gate and Check in activities ensuring the accurate, service oriented acceptance and boarding of passengers.
- Ensure smooth handling of Customer service at the station.
- Liaises with ramp and GHA staff and support Airport Services Supervisors in all areas.
- Perform the Aircraft Turnaround Check (ATC) duty as assigned by the ASM to ensure safe operation of QR ground ramp product.
- Operate aircraft cabin service doors from the outside where applicable to facilitate and reduce the associated safety risk of inadvertent slide deployment.
- Escorting and directing Arriving/Departing passengers to the respective areas such as Hotel Desk, Visa Counter, Transfer Desk, Premium Lounges, and Boarding Gates.
- Assists Duty Officer to handle company material and records.
- Brief GHA on new procedures and ensure that they are implemented accurately and fully.
- Ensure required pre and post flight administration in conducted timely, record accurately all flight activities.
- Handle administrative issues related to monthly/quarterly reports. Ensure requests on operational service failure matters are responded to immediately with a high degree of accuracy and correctness.
- Work with GHA and ensure all training records of their dedicated/assigned staff to QR are up to date.
- Assist Passengers in regard to Entry Requirements, Visas, and Residence Permits. Carry out general profiling of passengers on need basis.
- Carry out any verification as and when required to protect revenue and image of company by referring to relevant policy and procedure.
- Ensure utmost priority is given to all security and safety related norms laid down by company, local authorities and relevant procedure is implemented/executed through GHA staff.
- Ensure passengers are assisted smoothly through airport facilities.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- Courses in Passenger Handling and Customer Services such as introduction to Civil Aviation and Passenger Handling.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to effectively manage mishandled baggage services, including service recovery situations with customers.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online