Edgewood Consulting is a Professional Management Consulting, Recruitment and Business Training firm. Our firm provides a wide array of management consultancy services classified into two disciplines Recruitment/HR services, and Training & Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer – Supermarket
Location: Arepo, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
- Purchasing Officer responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs).
- For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
- Ultimately, you’ll create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage.
- You must be able to drive very well and possess a Driving License.
- OND / HND qualification with 1 – 2 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Purchasing Officer” as the subject of the mail.