Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money for people around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations (PR) Intern – Africa
Employment type: Internship
- Binance is looking for a PR intern to join the Communications & Public Relations team. We are looking for candidates who are passionate and hardworking, preferably with experience in PR/communications at an intern level. Current students and recent graduates will be considered.
- This is a full-time remote position, with applicants being based in the Africa region. Part-time applicants will be considered if they are able to commit at least 5 hours per day.
- Your performance will be evaluated based on the quality of work produced.
- This includes press release writing, story angles, briefing documents, coverage reports, and other deliverables produced throughout the duration of the internship.
- The ideal candidate should be a great communicator, detail-oriented, and have strong writing skills.
- Create briefing docs and manage scheduling for spokesperson interviews.
- Build and update media lists.
- Support on press release writing, media outreach and identifying stories/angles.
- Support on podcast and influencer outreach.
- Liaise with external teams and business units for PR campaigns and announcements.
- Send coverage reports, daily company, competitor and market news roundups, and assist in daily and weekly progress reports.
- Manage news calendars and reporting on CisionField and submit award applications for executives/leaders.
- Support on speaking engagements for spokespeople.
- Provide assistance in scheduling and coordinating events happening in the region.
- Monitor company news and forecast industry news and trends.
- Conduct industry research.
Requirements (Must have)
- Interest and general knowledge of the cryptocurrency/blockchain industry
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated from a Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Native or expert English speaker and writer
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and strong follow up skills; proactive and collaborative
- Attention to detail with superior organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency or experience in Google Workspace applications (e.g., Google Docs and Sheets)
- Excellent project and time management skills; able to prioritize the tasks assigned.
Requirements (Good to have):
- 1+ years of experience in PR or communications internship/position
- Experience with PR and media tracking and reporting tools, such as Cision and Google Alerts
- Experience buying/trading bitcoin/crypto or understanding of Binance’s products and ecosystem
- Experience in journalism and media (writing articles, blogs, copywriting, social media/marketing).
Working at Binance
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online