Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Human Resource Associate. WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Finance Management Consultant
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a woman-led, faith-based non-governmental organization (NGO) is seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Public Finance Management Consultant.
- WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
- WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded State2State sub-grant project in seven local government areas in Ebonyi State and is looking for an experienced and highly skilled public Finance Management Consultant with experience working in Ebonyi state
- Wewe does not have an existing candidate for this position and it is solely based on merit. We are looking to hire a talented, highly skilled professional.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Public Finance Management Consultant is to strengthen Public Finance Management of the seven (7) Local Government Areas (LGA):
- Design Institutional Public Finance Management and Procurement tool with focus on WASH
- Share the Assessment tool with the State2State team for approval
- Conduct In-depth Interviews (IDI) in 7 LGA to at least 5 key staff using the approved PFM assessment tool.
- Analyze the completed assessment tools with more focus on Strengths and Gaps identified across the 7 LGA in PFM
- Develop a training plan to address the gaps.
- Facilitate a 2-day workshop on Public Finance Management and Procurement for LGA staff
- Produce a roadmap that will ensure citizen participation in all stages of budget conception, planning, and execution
- Ensure Local government and citizen engagement and participation in the budget process
- Fully support the capacity building activities for the 7 LGA
- Prepare and submit a final report.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced Degree in a relevant discipline (Economics, Law, Accounting, Business Administration, or Public Administration, etc), together with relevant professional public sector/government experience of not less than 15 years in public financial management areas like expenditure control, finance, preparing annual accounts, budget, internal audit, training on Public Finance Management, etc. In these cases, the requirement for a professionally licensed accounting qualification would be desirable, not essential.
- Knowledge of Ebony’s budget process – both upstream (including strategic planning, medium-term expenditure framework, annual budgeting) and downstream (including revenue management, procurement, control, accounting, reporting, monitoring and evaluation, audits, and oversight) and Medium-Term Sector Strategies (MTSS)
- Knowledge of Ebonyi state budget and budget processes and local government budget engagement.
- Sound knowledge of Public Finance Management Policy, Budget formulation, Budget Approval, Budget Execution, Public Procurement, and local government and citizen engagement in these processes
- Be a resident of Ebonyi State.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae and cover letter should be in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the position. Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first-come-first-served basis. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.