Apply for the PTDF In-Country Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduate and Postgraduate 2021/2022. The PTDF In-country Scholarship Scheme offers eligible candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge. Scholarships are offered to students enrolling or enrolled at a federal University in Nigeria.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a Federal Government agency of the Nigerian Government. This agency is tasked with a special mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The agency is therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for several Overseas Undergraduate, MSc and PhD Scholarships. Scholarships are awarded for study at selected federal Institutions in Nigeria.
This is a scholarship is highly competitive, and merit driven scholarship scheme. Applicants must therefore posses a convicting academic record and demonstrate the potential to excel in their field of study. Selection of candidates shall be based on equitable representation of the 36 States of the Federation and FCT
Accepted applicants will be eligible for the following benefits
- The award includes payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
Candidates for the PTDF scholarships must meet the following conditions
Scholarships are open to Nigerian Citizens who meet the followings application conditions
Undergraduate degree applicants
- You must currently be a full time students in any of the Federal Universities listed.
- Applicants must enrolled in courses related to oil and gas industry as advertised
- To be selected, you must be in your second year of study.
- Students must have been admitted into the University in 2018/19 academic year only.
- You must posses 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Candidates must have achieved a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on scale of 5 or in their first year
Master’s Degree Applicants
- You must have received admission and hold an admission letter into any of the Federal Universities
- Applicants must have completed a relevant Bachelor’s degree in order to apply
- You must posses a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants who posses a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience will also be considered
- You must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC) at the time of application
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient computer literacy
- You must demonstrate sufficient English proficiency
- Applicants must posses a 5 O/level credits including English Language and Mathematics
- Applicants must have received admission and hold an admission letter into any of the Federal Universities
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in order to be considered
- Applicants must posses a minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their bachelor’s degree and a good
- grade in their Master’s degree
- All candidates must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- You must posses sufficient computer literacy
- Candidates must be in position to submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry
- You must not have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past for the same type of
- programme, unless if you are applying for a higher programme
Applications f the scholarships are submitted online. Please find below the link o the online application portal. Remember to submit our application by the deadline of August 13, 2021.
You should, during your application process, scan and attach the following documents
- Applicants for Bachelors should provide their transcripts for the first year of study
- Submit copies of your Bachelor’s degree Diplomas, and Transcripts of records Degree (Master’s degree applicants)
- Candidates must submit there Master’s Diplomas, and Transcripts of records Degree (PhD applicants)
- Include a NYSC discharge certificate
- Applicants must submit results for WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O level results on the relevant website
- Submit a Recent Passport Photograph
- Request and submit a Local Government Identification Letter
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
- PhD applicants must also submit a research proposal using the template accessible via the applicants profile on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal
For more information about the program, please visit the official site here