Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Medical Referent Support
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Project Medical Referent for the networking with both Local and International actors for the whole Maiduguri and surrounding.
- In support of the Project Referent, represent MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national staff health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the project.
- Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical issues associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager.
- Performing other duties at the request of PMR (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in assessment, etc.)
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the project, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participates in the collection, presentation and analysis of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Support projects’ development by answering medical questions from the medical team, participating in training of medical staff.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS, BDS) essential. MPH and any other additional relevant qualification, desirable.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ Experience in similar role with MSF or other NGOs especially in fragile and unstable context essential.
- Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health, with administrative experience relating with stakeholders & team management is desirable.
- Advanced level of computer literacy using (word, excel and internet) essential
- Demonstrable experience with different donors compliance and reporting desirable.
- Experience in relatively insecure field-based environment is desirable.
Language / Knowledge / Competencies:
- Languages: Excellent command of English essential. Control of local languages (Kanuri and Hausa) desirable.
- Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of the functioning of the health system and public health institutions in Nigeria’ essential.
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientated, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Application for the Post of a PMR Support” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.