The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (“NSIA” or “The Authority”) is an agency of the Federation set up to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilisation support in times of economic stress.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Finance Manager
Job Ref No: NHD21/1001
- We are in the health sector focused on both Laboratory and Radiology diagnostics. We work in a unique partnership with the public sector to strengthen the capacity of the human resource and the facility development to a world class standard for the sustainability of the centre.
- The NHDIC is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate.
- The candidate for this role must possess the following attributes:
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the NHDIC mandate, regulations and operating environment.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of NHDIC financial management, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation and financial risk management.
- Develop Project Accounting methodologies for monitoring and reporting costs, commitments and value of work done.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of project accounting activities, including (but not limited to): timely and accurate bank reconciliations, invoicing, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations, financial projections and submission of monthly financial reports.
- Develop cash forecasting and monitoring tools for managing the funding of the projects.
- Ensure an effective cost allocation methodology amongst project heads.
- Establish and implement financial procedures in line with the organisation’s requirements.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecast and report variances.
- Prepare project and operating budgets. Track and report the organisation’s budget performance.
- Monitor the organisation’s compliance with all applicable regulations and standards guiding its operations including IPSAS and IFRS.
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions.
- Manage and comply with state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Any other related duties.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any Business-related discipline and post-graduate degree(s).
- A professional qualification is desirable (CFA, ICAN, ACCA).
- Minimum of ten (10) years cognate experience with at least three (3) years financial management experience at a managerial level.
- Good understanding of IPSAS and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning tools (ERP) systems.
- Proven ability to demonstrate high level of professionalism, integrity and ethical values.
- Attention to details with high degree of accuracy.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills and ability to manage people.
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure projects (globally and within the Nigerian context).
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tac.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with their full names) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The role is open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.