Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world’s most vulnerable children. Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the lives of more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal. In 2017, we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the North East to access education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travel within Nigeria
Contract Type: 12 – 24 months fixed term contract, full-time
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
- The Programme Coordinator will focus on the management of the Northeast programme portfolio, ensuring alignment with global and national strategy and mission.
- Supporting the Department and Programme Managers, he/she will ensure quality and compliance in programmes planning, delivering & management towards timely achievements of outcome indicators.
- Based on context, needs, gaps, capacity and opportunities, he/she will contribute to build long lasting and healthy relationship with donors and developing new proposals.
- The ideal candidate would have a good background in humanitarian context used to work with multiple donor and budgets.
- The successful candidate will also have proven coaching, teamwork and communication skills, and excellent leadership ability. Analytical thinking and the capacity to research innovative intervention methods, as well as creativity and flexibility are also expected.
- The person should prove his/her capacity to build strong network and relationship with donors, government and other stakeholders.
Programme Management (75%):
- Work with Programme & Project Managers to ensure timely and quality delivery of activities in line with workplan, M&E framework and expenditure plan
- Lead on programme reviews with managers to ensure consistency and integration across programmes
- Conduct regular programmes monitoring to identify opportunity for programme enhancement and ensure alignment with programme objectives
- Identifying areas of improvement of programmes with integration of new trends, knowledge aligned with needs and gaps that might arise during implementation
- Oversee the process for timely quality programme reports in line with donor requirements.
- Build and maintain good relationships with UN, clusters and government agencies in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- Coordinate across projects within the country programme to ensure efficiency, value for money and integration.
- Work with M&E manager to ensure an effective M&E framework with timely submission of accurate project data, assessments and reports. Build a strong feedback and communication loop with project teams to inform project decision making.
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure procurement and logistics support are in line with project plans.
Business Development (25%):
- Support proposal development ensuring use of participatory methodologies
- Degree or higher in International Development, Human Rights or related field
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Demonstrable experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO.
- Proved experience in grants management for large and complex programmes, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., for projects funded by multiple public donors with relevant budgets.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
- Staff management experience
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
- Ability to provide technical leadership &/ strategic direction.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian Response
- Education background.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the Agency in a variety of public and private forums.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences.
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability.
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary.
- Ability to work in international settings and with various departments to implement successful approaches to Education.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver independently and under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Position open for national and international staff.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Note explaining why you think you could make an extraordinary impact in this role to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and so interested candidates are encouraged to apply.