Apply for Program Officer at Learning Through Skills Acquisition Initiative – LETSAI. LETSAI is a non-for – profit, non-governmental and charity organization was established in June 2015. With the mission to offer literacy and social awareness, self-reliance and self-supported Community, community health and wealth liberation, Leadership development, Relief and Rehabilitation, Empowering women and encouraging gender equality. With the vision to create a new world where there is no caste, creed, race, patriarchy, Religion discrimination but only humanitarian ship and equality between genders.
The Organization particularly targets vulnerable adolescent girls and boys, adult men and women, children and Geriatrics in other words the most vulnerable members of the society. The MOGEWE project is a consortium made up of four Organizations. Which are working together towards improving women and girls’ safety, security and human rights as well and influence/advance progress on GEWE, EVAWG and SGBV and HP in 3 LGAs of Borno state by mobilizing women, youth’s organization and other CSOs. LETSAI will work in two LGAs (Konduga and Gwoza).
Learning Through Skills Acquisition Initiative – LETSAI Position:
Job Title: Program Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contribute technically to the development of program strategies in the project, particularly considering the context of the humanitarian-development continuum and finding solutions that offer longer-term solutions
Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of program/ project proposals and initiatives;
Identify areas for support and intervention related to the project and liaise with the regional humanitarian unit for advice and actions
2. Coordinate and provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the project
- Coordinate and provide technical inputs to the overall portfolio work plan development and implementation according to program document
- Lead the implementation of project activities at the state and national level;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results-Based Management and monitor implementation.
3. Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project partners including at the local level
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of project activities;
- Coordinate relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the project;
- Identify capacity-building needs and support partners through technical/ programming assistance, mentoring, training, and capacity development initiatives, as needed.
4. Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the project
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools, including conducting regular monitoring visits, as required;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, project results, outputs, and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports e.g quarterly reports, annual reports.
5. Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the project
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary;
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners;
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports.
6. Support efforts in building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies on humanitarian-development programming opportunities
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Maintain regular communication with relevant government, UN, CSO, and other partners and facilitate information sharing, partnership on various information.
7. Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building, and communication efforts
- Develop background documents, briefs, and presentations related to the project;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, training, workshops, and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies and products of the project.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good program formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results-Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions, and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good technical knowledge of women economic empowerment, with particular focus on strengthening the development of resilience livelihood
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Master’s degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, international law, or other social science fields is required with at least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development program/project implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building in the area of humanitarian preparedness and response, gender and development, and/or related fields.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, international law, or other social science fields is required with at least 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in development program/project implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building in the area of humanitarian preparedness and response, gender and development, and/or related fields.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors.
- Experience in resource mobilization efforts is an asset;
- Experience working with the UN is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
- Knowledge of local language in the duty station is an asset
This call is a consultancy position for 4 months of which the contract may or may not be terminated.
How To Apply For Program Officer at Learning Through Skills Acquisition Initiative – LETSAI
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.