Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organisation registered to contribute positive changes in the economic and social status of Nigerians and Africans through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes. The Organization currently has its Head Quarters in Abuja, (FCT) with state offices in Kogi State, Niger State and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager (PM), the Program Officer performs functions related to planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of activities under assigned portfolios on projects.
- Assist the PM in assuring effective planning, implementation and management of assigned projects in Nigeria.
- Assist the PM in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks, according to AYGF and the respective donor guidelines.
- Assist the PM in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist the PM in the provision of programmatic assistance to local AYGF partners in implementing their sub agreements.
- Assist the PM in capacity building efforts aimed at local Implementing Agencies (IAs).
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with international prevention specialists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have:
- B.Sc / BA in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or M.Sc / MA Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, reproductive health, nutrition, nursing, food sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 7years’ relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding health related issues.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi sectorial development project.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Niger (Minna) and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.