Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. Our marketplace is supported by our proprietary logistics business, Jumia Logistics, and our digital payment and fintech platform, JumiaPay. Jumia Logistics enables the seamless delivery of millions of packages while JumiaPay facilitates online payments and the distribution of a broad range of digital and financial services. We are fueled by the belief that technology has the potential to transform everyday life in Africa, for the better. We built Jumia to help consumers access millions of goods and services conveniently and at the best prices while opening up a new way for sellers to reach consumers and grow their businesses.
Jumia counts over 5,000 people across more than 10 countries, a diverse group of talent with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, driven by a common ambition to help build the digital future of Africa. Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Profitability Analyst (Performance & Planning) – Jumia
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
Department: Commercial Planning & Performance
- The Planning & Performance function at Jumia is responsible for anticipating and structuring the planning & performance activities for the group. We are a cross functional team delivering what is right for the group agnostic of function or agenda.
The role encompasses six clearly defined dimensions:
- Steering country on full PnL to profitability across GP1/GP2 & GP3
- Supporting the production Monthly/Weekly performance planning
- Support all functions in the company to deliver on our budget and vision
- Support preparation mid month and monthly Performance reviews with top management
- Launching/implementing and monitoring performance steering actions across marketing/commercial/ops and Jumia Services
- Work across all business units Physical Goods/On-demand & Jumia Pay
- The Profitability Analyst is supporting the work on high impact actions and projects across all functions commercial/marketing/Ops and JS. The aim is to bring exceptional profitable usage growth across the group.
- The analysis and insights produced by the Profitability Analyst have a strong impact on different dimensions of the business: the Planning & Performance team is the main team in charge of projects/analysis which are both cross functional and key to the strategic success of Jumia
- Monitoring monthly performance across the group and full PnL identifying and conducting root cause analysis on deviations ensuring all departments are aligned with the expected trajectory
- Suggest the defining and implementation of performance steering actions to growth in the profitable usage of Jumia
- Giving weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan for the group
- Assessing every month the deviation versus Jumia Services SLA (Service Level Agreement) to avoid any extra cost due to lack of planning accuracy
- Weekly assessment of the results of growth initiatives (AB tests on shipping fees, Vouchers, Success Rate)
- Weekly assessment of business profitability and usage and suggestions for improvement in these KPIs (change in customer fees, commissions, vendor fees, etc.)
- Ad hoc analysis on high-impact areas of the business (Customers churn rate, Repurchase rate across category, etc.
Experience and Requirements
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- 5+ years experience
- A significant experience in ecommerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Fast learner
- Resistant to stress
- Independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Strong desire to pursue a career in Jumia
- As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a smart and hard working individual, with a strong willingness to become a leader at Jumia.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online