SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Operator Trainer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: On demand
Contract type: Freelance contract
Contract duration: Unlimited
Area activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- Deliver (Discipline) training to enable a common high level of competence of apprentices, technicians, supervisors, specialists, and graduate engineers.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of the (Discipline) Engineering and Maintenance Team Competence assurance system across the Spie business in all assets.
- Support line managers in identifying needs and ensuring these needs are met in a consistent and cost effective manner.
- Deliver Discipline training
- Update the Competence Assurance framework across all businesses for the maintenance population on site ensuring alignment to Site standard for competence assurance.
- Develop standards of training, assessment, and competence across all Discipline teams on Site.
- Develop and report on KPIs to Engineering and Maintenance Managers to provide assurance of delivery on a monthly basis towards defined targets
- Support line managers in the identification of training needs for maintenance staff using relevant team matrices or individual profiles
- Collate Engineering training requests from Engineering teams and send on a quarterly basis to L&D Coordinator for scheduling
- Assess training needs of Maintenance Technicians to ensure skill base is aligned to Business Demands.
- Design and deliver training in local area/asset where skilled to do so
- Engineering Trainer may be required to work across all assets within the Spie Nigeria business
- Close working relationships with the HR and L&D teams
- Understand full L&D service to ensure effective, aligned, and consistent L&D service
- Excellent relationships with Training staff and Company Management
- Understand Site Systems, Site Standards and working practices
- Up to 5 years’ experience as a supervisor in a oil & gas process environment
- Qualified A1 Assessor or D33/32 or L&D9
- Qualified V1 Verifier or D34 or L&D11
- Background in (Discipline) Operations & Maintenance activities is essential
- Excellent planning and coordinating Skills
- High level of knowledge of Site operations
- Strong communication and networking skills across a wide level in the organization and external bodies
- Understand HSE policies and Procedures.
- Minimum level of experience required – 3 years or more.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online