GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Service Engineer – GT Accessories
Job Ref.: R3578074
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Job Description Summary
- The Product Service Lead Accessories Engineer role offers opportunity for direct customer impact by providing technical support to the heavy-duty gas turbine in all phases of product life cycle.
- This role will be responsible for working with multiple cross functional teams to provide world class problem solving for gas turbine auxiliary equipment such as fuel system, air inlet/exhaust, oil systems, piping, purging, heating and ventilation and instrumentation to ensure safe and reliable equipment operation meeting customer and business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
- Act as a conduit and proactively facilitate cross functional collaboration between engineering teams, design teams, commercial teams, manufacturing and suppliers to develop and implement technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Manage cross-functional teams (engineering, sourcing , quality, suppliers etc.) in execution of root cause investigations of GE equipment non-conformances.
- Provide technical guidance and support on critical issues for new unit installation startup, outage work activities, in service unplanned disruptions and customer issue resolution while meeting critical business metrics on quality and timeliness.
- Authoring of, as well as coaching and mentoring of others, in the creation of internal and external communications to provide guidance on major issue resolution
- Participate in coordinating and presenting at global technical conferences, webinars, and other customer facing events.
- Travel to customer locations in support during unplanned/forced outages and customer technical review meetings.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, for product improvement and team productivity by continuously improving processes in the way we work and feeding back fleet and product issues to design engineering teams to improve reliability, identify new opportunities, and drive development of effective offerings
- Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance for all new unit installations in the region (Red Flag Review process) during the commissioning phase to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals.
- Demonstrate GE values and customer centric culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics / Controls & Instrumentation / Aerospace) from an accredited university or college
- 5+ years’ experience in Installation/Commissioning/Maintenance/engineering of GE/Alstom Gas turbine accessories systems.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on short notice as site support or customer meeting when needed
- Experience working in global, matrix organization & ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data
- French and/or Arabic speaking is preferred
- Prior experience in a field services engineering role
- Prior experience in a customer facing role or interfacing with customers
- Experience executing Six Sigma DMAIC, TOPS 8D, or other root cause techniques
- Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to direct projects and work of cross-functional nature, with demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to work well with teams and communicate requests and requirements clearly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Inclusion & Diversity
- We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.