Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Product Operations Team Lead
- Our Product Operations Team sits within the Operations team and at the heart of Chipper. Product Operations Leads help keep customers happy by proactively resolving customer issues and acting as a point of escalation for more complicated customer support inquiries.
- The ideal candidate will be someone with a sound understanding of our products and services, strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team.
- The Product Operations team works closely with the Product and Engineering teams. It’s about much more than resolving tickets. It’s about helping us also find solutions that will prevent customers from having problems in the first place and help us deliver on the promise of Chipper working like magic.
What You Will Be Doing
- Managing and developing junior & senior analysts
- Conducting one-to-ones for staff members, addressing key areas of weaknesses and addressing them appropriately in a timely fashion
- Provide leadership to the operational staff, ensuring that they understand the controls set by the business and the risks involved
- Proactively monitor case queues to ensure service efficiency and reduce customer waiting times through effective prioritisation.
- Assist the junior & senior analysts with complex transactional investigation cases.
- Proactively identifying patterns and trends within our product offerings. Seeing where we can change our processes, tools, or product to make our customers lives easier.
- Act as a bridge between customer operation, product, and engineering teams on product issues and bug resolution.
- Reviewing, setting and maintaining service provider and internal escalation SLA’s in line with business requirements.
What You Should Have
- Previous experience directly managing staff and supporting senior managers
- 3-5 years experience in solving difficult customer problems, ideally at a financial services organization or Fintech
- Excellent people skills with the ability to motivate empower and inspire members of staff.
- Experience working cross functionally with Engineering, Product, and/or Compliance Teams
- Be self-driven. You should be self-motivated and enjoy a lot of independence. We are a dedicated, hardworking team that is collectively motivated
- Have a global mindset and be tolerant of others. We’re still growing but we are a company of many cultures and backgrounds
- Be comfortable with asynchronous conversations and an understanding of your co-worker’s roles
- Be open to working some nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you feel you are a good fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
- We hire candidates of any race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.
- Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.