Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – Primarily funded by the Federal Government, the Ministry currently superintends almost fifty parastatals operating as either key departments or agencies across the country. The Ministry has 2 major departments namely Technical and Service Departments. Technical Departments: Agriculture (Trees and Crops), Fisheries, Livestock, Land Resources, Fertilizer, Food Reserve & Storage and Rural Development. Service Departments: Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, PPAS (Plan, Policy, Analysis & Statistics) and Co-operatives.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises project in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) states of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers. Thus, the National Project Coordinating Office of the LIFE-ND hereby request applications from suitable qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted position:
Job Title: Procurement Support Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Procurement Support Officer will support the Procurement Coordinator in the day to day administration and management of project procurement activities and carry out other duties as may be assigned in accordance with relevant National and IFAD Procurement Guidelines
- Ensure that assigned procurement duties are carried out such that transparency. Integrity, economy, openness, firmness, competition, and accountability remain the cardinal target.
- Assist in the preparation as well as update and review of the yearly procurement plan.
- Assist in maintaining and regularly updating the contract register and NOTUS
- Assist in preparation and periodically update the database of vendors, suppliers, and consultants
- Assist in the preparation of bidding documents tender notices, and invitations forbids
- Assist in the receiving, opening and evaluation of bids.
- Assist in Contracts Administration to ensure compliance with the contracts conditions, payment terms, Deliverables etc.
- Assist in Maintaining of all the records relating to procurement
- Assist in the preparation of procurement implementation reports in accordance with the reporting requirements of IFAD and the Government and consolidated reports for the entire project.
- Support in providing guidance and supervision to the beneficiaries and service providers
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Procurement Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance Management, or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant post qualification experience in Procurement related function.
- Experience working in IFAD donor project in similar capacity will be added advantage
- Strong background and experience in successfully carrying out procurement using similar procedures, methods, specifications, etc
- Knowledge (at least 1 year of internationally accepted best practice systems, the Nigerian Procurement Laws and Guidelines. Conversant with the Niger Delta region working environment
- Good writing skills and good computer skills.
- Demonstrate team spirit, good interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Interpersonal and time management skills.
Reporting and location:
- The position will be in the NPCO located in Port Harcourt.
- The Procurement Support Officer will report directly to the Procurement Coordinator.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with detailed CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This position will be on for a period of two (2) years subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance.