IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor
Reference No.: R339
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor sets policy and provides technical guidance and monitoring for global procurement activities.
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor supports interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures to meet Ipas business needs and context.
- This position will ensure our ERP system aligns with our business needs and policies.
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor will provide a structured program to strengthen the capacity of our global offices to maintain the system, documentation, and relevant polices.
- The Procurement Policy & Compliance Advisor will serve as strategic thought partner on purchasing concepts, standards, sourcing, and complex procurement assignments.
- This position collaborates with US departments and country offices to manage costs and promote process efficiencies, and provides supportive supervision to one or more direct reports.
- Lead Ipas’s US procurement processes, procedurally and administratively through procurement-related tasks built into Ipas’s ERP, Workday.
- Create and maintain legally sound procurement instrument templates such as consulting agreements, subawards, and purchase orders. Provide risk reduction guidance to sponsorship and participant agreements.
- Support requisitioners and buyers in country offices and departments to ensure appropriate documentation is obtained, tracked, and maintained per policy in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist staff in drafting requests for quotes, specifications, vendor evaluation criteria, and sole source justifications. Support negotiation of vendor terms and resolution of vendor performance or compliance issues, as necessary.
- Provide subject matter expertise, training, and guidance on Ipas’s procurement policy, procedures, and systems. Support the localization of global procurement policy, as requested.
- Partner with offices’ procurement staff to identify and address gaps in procurement instruments, procedures, and the ERP. Spearhead improvements with an emphasis on organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and standardization.
- Keep abreast of evolving procurement best practices and donor procurement standards. Implement updates to reflect changes in regulatory or other matters impacting Ipas.
- Regularly meet with and listen to internal customers to understand their business needs and constraints. Update policies, procedures, and guidance to address the evolving business and contexts.
- Provide supportive supervision and professional mentorship to direct report(s) and other matrixed global procurement staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Five (5) years experience in a prior procurement role(s)
- Proven track record in customer service roles
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing concepts and methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of and experience within the purchasing functions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills, and user experience knowledge to make and communicate sound management decisions/recommendations
- Skilled in the use of ERP / financial and other business systems including MS Office, Outlook, and Sharepoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skilled in drafting procurement instruments and vendor communications.
- Supervisory experience.
- International experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience developing and delivering training for diverse audiences.
- French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese language capacity.
- Advanced technical training or certification related to procurement. In-depth working knowledge of contract drafting, management and change control processes.
- Customer Service
- Communication and Collaboration
- Decisive Risk Management and Problem Solving
- “I got this” Attitude
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity.
- We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.