United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Permanent
- To manage the procurement of the bank items / stocks and ensure quality and prompt delivery of items.
- Ensure all fixed assets and non-fixed asset request are processed using accredited vendors of the bank.
- Ensure quality and delivery of resources within TAT.
- Ensure all requests are duly approved in line with the empowerment policy of the bank.
- Seek reliable vendors that can provides quality goods and services at reasonable prices.
- Ensure all purchases are within the budget thereby achieving cost savings.
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all the bank’s policies and standards are upheld.
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions.
- Maintain good working relationship with suppliers and vendors.
- Regular price revalidation and negotiation is carried out to ensure up to date pricing.
- An updated price schedule for various resources bought by the bank is maintained.
- Initiate the payment process after physical confirmation of the delivery of procured resources by vendors.
- Invite internal control to physically inspect procured items that have been delivered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2 – 3 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of procurement and stock keeping.
- Must be analytical, pay attention to details, have good vendor relationship and management skill.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking Operations, Policies and Procedures
- Expense Empowerment Policy
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Stock keeping techniques
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- IT & Computer Appreciation
- Analytical skill
- Numerical Ability
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online