Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. Performing strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Ensuring that business purchases the goods and services that will best help achieve our corporate goals, by finding supplier partners that strike a balance between quality and cost.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, lead and execute procurement strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks whilst partnering with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of procurement for the facility.
- Implement procurement strategies to maintain security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost-effective procuring process for the business.
- Develop key relationships with business stakeholders and strategic supply partners to improve business.
- Implement change and develop new processes to better procure goods and services.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and service.
- Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Provide periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
- Develop supplier database and establish annual purchasing contracts for lower value, high value items
- Develop workflow process in line with ERP software system.
- Ensure principles of value for money, transparency, fairness, efficiency and accountability are evident in all dealings.
- Advise senior management and improve procurement process
- Delegating Task and supervising the work of purchasing and procurement across all business units
- Performing all procurement activities including pre-qualification, negotiation supplier agreement, preparing contract and tender management
- Creating policies and procedure for risk management and mitigation for procurement
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
QMS, EMS & QH & SMS Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of their work.
- Operate in conformance with the requirements of the QMS; and
- Stop work in progress to make appropriate notifications when unsafe conditions exist or requirements are not being met.
- Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development.
- Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required.
- Awareness, understanding and application of EMS and OHS policies on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process EMS and OHS objectives.
- Awareness on all possible hazards from assigned tasks and risk associated with assigned task and it identification and relevant controls required.
- Awareness on possible Environmental aspect from related activities, how it can impact the environment and relevant controls required.
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the EMS and OHS, including the benefits of improved performance and associated opportunities for improvement of processes assigned
- Awareness of the implications of not conforming with SECRL EMS and OHS requirements including associated aspects and risks for the process assigned.
- B.Sc Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- Must have at least 15 years procurement experience in Construction or Drilling Business
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense.
- A flair for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: B.Sc Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- Experience: Minimum Experience 15 Year
- Other experience: Must have at least 15 years procurement experience in Construction or Drilling Business.
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online