Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Ref No: 2100096T
Employee Status: Permanent
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Position Type: National
Reports to: Project Director
Number of direct reports: 3
- This role will lead the setup of supply chain / procurement functions and responsibilities in the state and support the Project Director and other members of the field management team on the best use of Save the Children’s and donor resources.
- The role will provide supply chain support to program implementation of the world bank funded ANRiN Project with a broad spread within the state. As such, the role will include remote management, management of multiple LGAs/field bases.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Management of all programme logistics; implement the country/donor procurement policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, and for the management of vehicle fleet, communication systems, and assets.
- Ensure that Save the Children/donor minimum standards of procurement and logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the programme, briefing and supporting relevant staff as required
- Monitor and ensure that the quality of the commodities and other supplies meet agreed specifications
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract this includes ensuring that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure that the project continues to receive uninterrupted services at all times and project performance standards are met.
- Manage and support state logistics staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Manage and support IT, ensuring IT/Communication policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and the programme is adequately supported as required
- Ensure that the supply chain is appropriate and cost effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, nature of the Save the Children programmes, and need for timely delivery
- Provide advice and support to Project Director/Manager on logistics issues, and collaborate with staff on budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Where appropriate, be responsible for developing and implementing surge preparedness strategies across the logistics aspects of the operation
- Provide logistics training and capacity building as required across the programme
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Policies (including Chid Safeguarding and Fraud) to ensure maximum protection for children.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Sciences, Accounting with training in procurement, logistics and supply chain management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement planning and management in private sector / international organizations.
- Demonstrated experience of efficiently and efficaciously completing procurement of health-sector goods and commodities.
- Knowledge and ability to work on ICT tools for inventory management, logistics and supply chain management.
- Knowledge of completing procurement in Nigeria or FCV countries.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
- Strong credibility and integrity in this domain.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics aspects of a programme, including strategic thinking and planning
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics eg fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
- Experience of working on donor funded project.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.