British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Lead
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to: Cell Manager
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Role Positioning And Objectives
- The Ibadan factory is a factory within the BAT group and has evolved from a project to an established manufacturer of tobacco products. Over the years, the Ibadan factory has invested in human capital development through the Regional Africa Middle East Training Centre in South Africa and other necessary diverse channels as evidenced in the improvements made year on year.
- The Process Lead is expected to develop the operating teams’ technical understanding and mastery of process control.
- He/she is the Centreline DMS (Daily Management System), Changeover DMS, and Change Management DMS owner for the line(s).
- The Process Lead owns the integrity of the Line Event Data System and is responsible for data analytics of line losses.
- He/she also act as the team’s expert in troubleshooting / problem solving.
- Most of the individual’s time will be spent on the operating floor working with the teams and building the capability of the people in their area.
What You Will Be Accountable For
RTT / DMS:
- Owns the Centreline Management system for the line(s), including:
- Establish CL targets & limits for the equipment owned by the team Ensuring all CL audits are completed at the proper frequency
- Develop control strategies to enable operators to respond to out-of-control situations
- Training team members on documentation needed when running out of CL
- Investigating, validating & updating new CL standards to eliminate losses
- Executing weekly Health Checks, identifying gaps in system, and implementing appropriate countermeasures
- Owns the Changeover DMS for the line(s)
- Establishing Changeover standards for all product SKU’s
- Reviewing Changeover critiques and coaching shift teams to identify and implement improvement opportunities to achieve CO success criteria
- Leading Rapid Changeover events to identify additional opportunities to reduce changeover time as required by business need
- Executing weekly Health Checks
- Owns the Change Management DMS & validation processes including process benchmarking & reapplication across processes, modules, and plants.
- Analyses line data to identify and prioritize loss elimination opportunities including the creation of current state and future state loss trees utilizing tools such as loss allocation, weibull and S-shape
- Participating in Line DDS process daily to set priorities and allocate resources, and report results for previous 24 hours
- Using Reliability Engineering tools to drive Centreline DMS and loss elimination
- Owns integrity of Line Event Data Systems (LEDS).
Troubleshooting & Problem Solving:
- Leads root cause problem solving efforts on key chronic losses for the line(s) • Coaches teams to build capability in problem solving skills and formal tools, including but not limited to Initial Problem Solving, Unified Problem Solving, 6W2H, and 5 Why’s
- Leads and builds the capability of team around process failures technical troubleshooting.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- The role holder will require a knowledge of any manufacturing environment with at least 2 years’ experience in a production environment, thereby built people leadership skills and demonstrates BAT Manufacturing, Quality and EH&S competencies. He must have sound coaching skills and must be able to develop others.
- The individual is expected to possess a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor of Science / Engineering from a recognised institution.
- A strong analytical and coaching skills which inspires superior performance will be required.
- Takes ownership of equipment reliability and focusses effort on optimum production output as per schedule. Demonstrates ownership of improving the maintenance results and systems at specific equipment level.
- Understands and can clearly articulate basic demand principles, understands and abides by standards and procedures for maintaining high standards of equipment effectiveness, and understands means of delivering high quality product outputs through effective utilization of direct and ancillary equipment.
- A high degree of inter-personal skills will be required to establish credentials and to pass on knowledge and experience to newer team members. Works together across boundaries internally and externally. Influences people to create and deliver shared goals.
- Possesses effective communication skills and can deliver superior performance with Operating teams. Understands what it takes to develop and succeed personally and professionally, is confident, deals effectively with ambiguity and recovers quickly from setbacks.
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online