Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Compliance Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- To support compliance to defined, policies, processes and procedures rolled out, provide opinion on process/policy alignment with best practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- The role holder will lead the effective roll-out and governance of policy and processes for assigned functions, enable, monitor and support closure of audit observations.
- This role will help institute, implement and monitor Risk and compliance processes across the organization to ensure we comply with legal and regulatory requirements and company policies.
- The role would help provide Assurance to the Executive Management Committee and the Board on the adequacy of and compliance to Governance, Risk and compliance processes within Airtel Nigeria.
Process / Policy Compliance:
- Process and Policy design and reengineering, designing SOPs and check sheets, monitors and reports process KPIs performance
- Create interface & co-ordination to ensure compliance to policies, process and procedures for the Company.
- Constantly engage with assigned functions at Group and at the OpCo to align the processes and closure of all open issues
- Develop regulatory / governance matrix and test compliance, identify gaps and work to close these.
- Drafting of Internal audit quarterly update to the business.
- Identifies and drive projects for assigned functions both – Business and Customer Impacting and revenue/cost impacting and Mentoring Project Teams, using lean and six sigma tools
- Computation of quarterly internal assurance score
- Project support for automation of IA reporting functionality.
Best in Class Processes are in Place and Adhered to:
- Ensures that processes and procedures in place are designed and work as per the standards, and can efficiently support functional/business objectives.
- Ensure that functional processes add value to the business.
- Ensure that relevant metrics are in place to measure performance and can efficiently guide management on the decision making process.
- Work with business functions to identify process gaps arising from weak or inadequate business process documentation.
Effective Interface with Internal Assurance group team:
- Effective engagement with the IA group team to define the audit and gap areas.
- Engaging within the OPCO to ensure the learning’s of the audit findings from other OpCo’s are implemented as best practice, ensuring the reduction in the learning cycle.
- Effective implementation of the learning tracker action items for the OPCO
- Ensuring all the audit observations of the OpCo’s are effectively closed.
- Ensuring process gaps are identified and shared with Process owner & Function head for implementation.
- Interface with IA and assigned functions for audits and closures.
Enterprise Risk Management:
- Ensure the implementation of the Group’s Enterprise Risk management framework across all functions and operating companies (OpCo)
- Progress monitoring and reporting of mitigations actions for all identified risks
- Work with various functions and operating companies to ensure new risks are proactively identified and mitigation plans created
- Deliver Risk management training and education programs to promote Risk management knowledge and awareness within the company
- Prepare regular Risk Reporting deck for the Executive management committee and the Board Audit Committee.
- Develop and update relevant manuals, policies and procedures for risk and compliance management
- Ensure the implementation of all Group compliance policies and procedures at the OpCo level
- Design and perform regular Compliance monitoring and testing reviews to ensure that all compliance policies are being complied with across various functions within the organization
- Work with respective functional teams to design and implement corrective actions mitigate all compliance exceptions identified
- Actively monitor and prepare guidance notes for new Regulations or changes in regulations at both the Group and OpCos
- Provide in-house general compliance advisory services for all functions / teams
- Design and provide compliance training to staff.
Ethics & Culture:
- Implement ethics and compliance programs within the company
- Develop and implement innovative ways of communicating the company’s ethics and compliance programs throughout the organization
- Ensure the company’s disciplinary & consequence management procedures are complied with for all disciplinary cases
- Train both new hires and existing employees on the company’s ethics programs and processes.
Board Audit Committee:
- Prepare routine compliance reports to the Board Audit Committee
- Support the reporting at the local board audit committee through:
- Maintaining a calendar for meetings
- Timely preparation of the Board Audit Committee papers
- Engagement with OpCo EXCO members on the issues to be reported to the Board Audit Committee
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- ICAN or ACCA required
- CISA an added advantage
- 10 years of experience in Audit firm
- Industry experience an added advantage
- Process Audit experience
- Exposure to technology, process reengineering and handling decentralized operations is desirable
- Effective Project management & Co-ordination
- Commercial and Financial Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Persuasion & negotiation Skills
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within tight time frames
- Good operational knowledge of Risk management & internal control frameworks
- Experience in designing and performing Compliance monitoring and testing review is essential.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.