Nigerian Breweries Plc is proudly the pioneer and largest brewing Company in Nigeria. Our Vision is to be the leading beverage company nationwide, marketing high quality brands to deliver superior customer satisfaction in an environmentally friendly way! The Digital & Technology Function is part of the engine that runs this journey, bringing modern technology, digital solutions & data insights that enable our customers connect and grow. What makes us great? It’s our people! A life with Nigeria Breweries Plc provides an enabling environment to grow your career in line with your aspirations. Come join the team!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process and Control Improvement (P&CI) Manager, Supply Chain
- We are offering an exciting opportunity to enrich your career development.
- Would you be interested in supporting the business to improve on the Risk Management and Process & Control Environment?
- The core activities of the P&CI Manager- Supply Chain include to oversee Controls Monitoring, Process & Control Management, Risk Management & Compliance, and Assurance Activities.
- P&CI Manager needs to maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as other business partners.
- The P&CI Manager is to support the Head Process and Control Improvement Manager in the following areas:
- Controls Monitoring,
- Process & Control Management and
- Continuous Process Improvement (CPI).
- Additional areas include:
- Risk Management,
- Fraud Management
- The P&CI Manager need to maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as other business partners.
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to ensure business processes and controls are appropriately designed, constructed, implemented and maintained.
- Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the global standard or Local Management approved procedure.
- Identify improvement opportunities in performing the assigned tasks, through business or technical knowledge, and escalation for immediate action.
- Jointly drive with Local Management the design and documentation of business processes and controls, applying the global process design and management methodology.
- Ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of processes, including Process Performance Indicator (PPI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) defined by the Business.
- Ensure PPIs and KPIs are monitored on an ongoing basis to identify any risks or opportunities for improvements (processes & controls). Identify and report any process activities that deviate from the global standard by Local Management.
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to monitor and test control effectiveness and drive the implementation of remediating actions.
- Support in developing key control framework and execution of internal controls over financial review.
- Ensure that the effectiveness of controls is monitored and/or frequently tested.
- Be responsible for putting the appropriate actions in place (agreed with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to lead the process of Risk Identification, Assessment and Response and monitor existing and emerging risks.
- Support in driving the implementation of a comprehensive Risk Management (RM) framework by ensuring relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drive the creation of risk responses.
- Support in conducting Risk Assessment through running risk workshops with the Business, ensures relevant risk templates and documentation are used and drives the creation of risk responses. This also includes new and emerging risks.
- Develop specific action plans to mitigate, accept or transfer risk and monitors progress on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to improve fraud detection and prevention.
- Raise fraud awareness through promoting the ‘Speak-up’ procedures.
- Drive fraud prevention and detection through identifying fraud risks and addressing them through strong process and control design and testing.
- Support fraud investigation when requested by Local Management, Global Legal Affairs or Global Audit.
- Plan, lead and execute business process oriented internal control reviews, compliance audits and activities that deliver the P&CI plan to provide the business with comfort in the internal control environment.
- Support and/or execution of audits in global audits (inside or outside of the OpCo) at the request of the Audit Committee, via Global Audit.
- Execute process and compliance audit of vendors.
- Prepare reports which includes remediation plans etc.
- Define and execute remediation plans (in agreement with Management). Track and monitor the progress of remediating activities.
- Provide support to the Head P&CI to embed a process improvement culture, drive process and control improvement and realize benefits.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, benchmarking and innovation.
- Build process improvement capabilities through training and people development.
- University Degree or its equivalent in Economics, Accounting / Finance or Business Administration with a minimum of 2nd class upper or a 2nd class lower with a Masters Degree
- Finance, Accounting, Internal/External audit background,
- Professional certifications including: – ACA/ACCA/CIMA/RA/RE/CPA/CFE or – CIA/RO.
- Internationally recognized certification in Six Sigma (Yellow/Green/ Black Belt)/ PMP / Prince 2 would be added advantage
- Must have worked in any reputable audit company
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Experience within internal/external audit of international companies, including experience of operational audit, risk management.
- Knowledge of internal control and Risk Management.
- Proven success in influencing management and performing Management controls reviews, providing strong effective business oriented recommendations.
- Leadership capabilities and ability to communicate effectively, including excellent report writing skills.
- Creation of Policies and Procedures.
- Advanced presentation skills (Oral and written)- Ability to structure and deliver presentations clearly
- Strategic Thinking and thought leadership
- Analytical rigor- Comfortable with translating data into insights for commercial decision making
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Management
- Very good report writing skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online