Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal, Rates & Credit Trading, Nigeria
Ref No: 2200011151
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- To trade in the local rates and credit market, pricing customer transactions and managing short-term positions, in order to maximise revenue at acceptable risk in compliance with the Volcker rule and other applicable global or local regulation.]
- Provide an accurate and timely Fixed Income pricing service to FM Sales staff, to meet customer needs at competitive prices.
- Transact trades on the Bank’s own account, to generate revenue or hedge risk, with knowledge of customer-based transaction flows, and in anticipation of future changes in the market derived from economic and technical analysis.
- Manage the portfolio risk generated in trading by adhering to approved GMR limits and seeking excess approvals where necessary.
- Enhance SCB’s name as one of the major players in the primary as well as secondary trading of Fixed Income securities. To maintain SCB ‘s standing as one of the active Principal/Primary Dealers in the local bond market.
- Establish and maintain good contact with the local Central Bank regulators as well as their dealers.
- Work closely with the Debt Capital Market on pricing of primary debt issues, and also to assist the Distribution desk by providing the market feel and sentiment to support their selling down strategy
- Work closely with the Structuring Team.
- Establish and maintain a network of relationships with other SCB Global Markets Centres, in particular other Fl trading counterparts to maintain communication on global market movements.
- Monitor regulatory and market developments and provide feedback on the market and the business to the sales and management.
- Relationship Managers in OCC/Credit for building the trading franchise.
- FM sales teams across relevant jurisdictions.
- Other product partners.
- DCM team for the capital markets business.
- Sales and trading counterparts in other Fl trading centres for networking & information
- Back office, middle office and product control for processing and Risk Control.
- Local and regional head(s) of Global markets.
- Regional Head of Fl Trading, Africa
- Money/Bond Dealers and brokers
- Central Bank and Securities Commission
- To the profitability of the Fl Trading team via a strategic portfolio mix, and also via leveraging on customers’ flows.
- To the enhancement of the Bank’s image and profile in the market via active trading, active provision of two-way prices, and acting professionally at all times.
- Average Trading volumes
Complexity / Judgement:
- Assessment of the market’s sensitivity to price changes for certain bonds / IRD product
- Understanding of the impact of political and economic changes on the market sentiment
- Understanding of legal requirements and its application in practice
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2022 at 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online