Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Engineering Manager
Job number: 1243401
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: People Manager
Travel: 0-25 %
- The Azure Quality Infrastructure (AQI) team is building a team in Nigeria. We are looking for an engineering and people leader to join us and build/lead our Nigerian engineering organization.
- The AQI team reports out of the Azure Edge + Platform Office of the CTO and focuses on delivering critical improvements to Azure’s infrastructure services. These multi-year projects span the entirety of Azure and often Microsoft and require working directly with senior leadership to affect impactful changes in the way the organization thinks about and improves the quality of Azure’s infrastructure and services.
- As the lead for the Nigerian engineering team, you will have the incredible opportunity to work on business-critical initiatives that directly contribute to the future of Azure’s business.
- This is a strategic role and requires defining the direction of the site and its projects and requires building deep partnerships across Microsoft.
- You must be deeply technical and able to ramp up in new areas quickly since your responsibilities will span all areas of Azure’s business as well as all layers of the cloud technology stack.
- We are looking for a leader who will advocate our management excellence behaviors of model, coach, and care while creating clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- You will directly mange senior engineers and managers and will be responsible for the organization’s talent alignment, ensuring we have people in the right roles and focusing development resources on the right big bets for the future.
- You must be able to attract, retain and grow top notch manager and engineering talent while planning and executing high quality feature work in collaboration with teams across Microsoft.
- 5+ years’ proven track record of leading engineering organizations to build and ship complex cloud solutions with high quality and timely delivery
- 3+ years’ experience developing services within an online cloud service such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience and commitment to building diverse, high-functioning, and healthy engineering teams
- Demonstrated success in generating energy, creating clarity, and delivering results to your team and your broader organization
- Effective collaborator experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- Curiosity combined with a desire to ask hard questions.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online