Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Expert
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 8 Months
Start Date: 2021-05-03
- Under the supervision of the Country Director, the PSEA Expert is required to lead the development and implementation of the fight against sexual exploitation and abuse across the mission as well as developing a mission-wide strategy for PSEA.
- Ensure strategic approach to the management of PSEA cases ensuring that appropriate internal control measures are in place
- Implement PSEA policy ensuring all staff and Stakeholders receive appropriate training
- Support the development of a collective communication strategy to raise awareness on key PSEA messages, including the rights of affected populations, the fact that assistance and services are never conditioned on sexual favors, and how to submit sensitive complaints;
- Deploy of alert policies and mechanisms at the community level of ACF intervention
- Finalize a specific SOP of SEA case management Nigeria and including referral pathway according to the areas where AAH is intervening.
- You have a postgraduate degree in one of the following areas: Human Resources, Human Rights, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Health, or other relevant social science fields. You have specific training on protection against sexual violence and abuse. You are trained in EAS investigation methodologies.
- You have professional field experience in humanitarian and/or development contexts with relevant experience in the field of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- You are able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders, including inter-NGO coordination mechanisms, global coordination structures (e.g. IASC), government stakeholders, donors, as well as the UN coordination structure in the country.
- Excellent communication skills. Proven ability to work independently under difficult conditions.
- Excellent facilitation/training and capacity-building skills. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory.
Specific Conditions / Salary
- 8 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 515 euros net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.