APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Power Electrician
- Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and or remedial works(electrical) of container handling equipment.
- Carries out maintenance and repair service for container handling gantry cranes and rubber tyred gantry cranes.
- Ensures that emergency work is followed up by reporting to their Supervisor.
- Carries out electrical/electronic maintenance repairs, fault findings and
- Submits routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports.
- Ensures work conforms to safety rules and regulation.
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment.
- Carry out those duties assigned by their Supervisor.
- Provides complete and accurate written reports on equipment, as needed.
- Performs any other related activities, as requested.
- Observe provisions of the labour regulations, relevant HSSE policy & procedures, terminal rules & procedures and contribute to the continual improvement process.
- Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
We are looking for:
- Requires a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education.
- Diploma in Electrical Technology is preferred. Any additional training in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
- Requires at least three years of general experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants.
- Must have an additional two years of progressively more responsible quay crane and RTG maintenance and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical/electronic and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes, spreaders, in general.
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major electrical/electronic parts such as PLC drive control system, communication drive system etc.
- Requires familiarity with the repairs of cranes/RTG cranes and spreaders.
- Requires a general knowledge required to interpret electrical/electronic
- diagram, simple engineering drawings, layouts and specifications.
- Requires a general familiarity with electrical and electronic components.
- Requires general knowledge and background in technical applications of digital and analogue electronics.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions, assess daily priorities, and plan the work day.
- Requires an ability to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
- Requires an ability to get along with co-workers and contribute as a team member.
- Requires advanced elementary/pre-intermediate level verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Requires an ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs, and continuing with the assignment until finished, with quality workmanship and service.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online