Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill thr position below:
Job Title: Piping and Layout Engineer
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Piping and Layout Lead, related to design, verification, or study activities.
- Interface with other Project Specialists, Designers and Draftsman.
- Co-ordinate technical activities performed inside or outside Saipem.
- Ensure the Piping and Layout engineering support
- Analyze technical documents (e.g., specifications, calculation notes, drawings) to assess the scope of the studies required and the potential risks
- Estimate quantities or validate estimation done by another specialist of the team
- Check all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, and drawings
- Write the Piping and Layout methodologies/ Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data as well as general and specific design guidelines
- Ensure the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of project quality requirements and contractual obligations
- Analyze project technical documents to validate consistency between the budget, resources and means allocated for the work completion and the targets to be met
- Define and follow-up the planning of resources’ mobilization
- Monitor and report actual progress including 3D check for Discipline activities, including control of man-hours and delivered documents
- Control the input data for team activities and check/ review all documents issued by the team
- Provide technical support to Project group, Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in the scope of work
- Inform on a permanent basis the Project Piping and Layout leader of any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk
- Feed the Piping and Layout Department improvement system by reverting the lessons learned during the project
- Participate in test circuit verification
- Participate in field engineering during construction activities
- Assist, when necessary, engineering adjustment on site
- Material management at site
Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent is mandatory.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry, COREN certification, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools, AutoCAD, as well as Navisworks or Smart Plant Review tool.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online