Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Key Performance Areas
- Review prescriptions from Medical Officers to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability for the patients.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting Medical Officers’ orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Gives pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care team, and monitoring patient drug therapies.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Provide information and advice about drugs, their side effects, correct dosage, and proper storage.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing workflow, verifying the preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Keep records of drugs and medical supplies on Medicplus.
- Plan, implement or maintain procedures for mixing, packaging or labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security and proper disposal.
- Work with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, and review/evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs.
- Assess the identity, strength or purity of medications.
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, or healthcare supplies.
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Records patients’ history relating to medicinal use on Medicplus.
- Ensures the safe and secure storage of all medicines and hospital supplies.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Complies with all NAFDAC legislations
- Stay updated on pharmacy regulations, treatments and development.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains current registration, studies existing and new legislation anticipates legislation and advises management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications and work experience.
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.