Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Pharmacy Supervisor – Yobe
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Category: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Level: Entry Level
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Pharmacist who will be responsible for providing technical support to health facilities and LGA LMCU in terms of medical supply chain management, LMS and in planning supply distribution and use of medical products.
- Ensure that the drugs supplied to the different centres are appropriate and necessary;
- Check the health facility pharmacy stores: ensure the good storage conditions, the cleanliness, the quality and quantity of the drugs, check the expired drugs at the end of each month;
- Follow up the monthly consumption and calculate the needs for local and urgent international orders in collaboration with supply chain team;
- Follow the SOP requirements for the management of damaged items;
- Organize drugs delivery to the different sites in collaboration with Warehouse Assistant, SC Logistics Supervisor and Nutrition and Health Project Manager and Officers;
- Record any medical item entry and exit in stock cards on weekly basis;
- Report discrepancies and general consumption issues to the Pharmacy Supervisor;
- Managing overall planning and the division and coordination of work in collaboration with the nutrition and health team;
- Liaise with the state LMCU to ensure flow of communication between LMCU and the state LMCU and strengthen the pathway;
- Ensure there’s spot checks on every commodities supplied to the facilities through the LMCU.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy;
- Over two years of experience in pharmaceutical and medical stock management;
- Must be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa language;
- Strong work ethic: punctuality, responsibility and flexibility;
- Strong sense of organisation and attention to details;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- High level of motivation;
- Working knowledge of MS Office;
- Work experience in humanitarian settings and international NGO will be an added advantage;
- Experience in pharmacy supply for health and nutrition program;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy;
- Experience in training Ministry of Health staff.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.