APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Advisor
Category: Local Human Resources
- At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our people to make it happen.
- That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.
- The HR organisation of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe / Africa early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organisation.
- You will join the People Advisory team early on as we prepare to go live with the new HR service delivery model, processes and technology.
- In this time, you will be spending your time on implementation related activities such as administrative support, technology and process testing, language translation verification, creating local SOP’s, training logistics, etc.
- Once the People Hub is fully operational, your role as a People Advisor will be to solve the HR-related queries of our employees and managers and make sure their interaction with HR results in a great experience.
For this you will:
- Ensure adherence to HR procedures, practices, directives, systems and regulations within an assigned set of countries
- Solve HR queries online, on the phone or on site.
- Support training & change management activities, especially for frontline employees
- Manage case resolutions (opening, updating, escalating as needed, resolving and closing)
- Guide employees and leaders in using self-service in Workday and other HR systems
- Manage HR data quality and perform transactions in Workday and other HR systems
- Prepare and handle HR documentation
- Coordinate and administer onboarding and offboarding processes
- Execute required uploads/changes on the performance forms in the system
- Support HR community with administrative and executional requiring face to face employee interaction i.e. wet signatures from employees, tasks related to frontline employees
- Assist with administrative tasks related to L&D, recruitment when needed
- Support on deployment of local/PPO projects
- Provide general HR support to employees around the employee life cycle and provide guidance on HR knowledge content, such as global & local HR policies, How-To, etc.
- Support recruiting tasks in remote locations where the recruitment processes demand special attention (cultural aspects, specific testing/assessment, security risks, etc).
- Handle documents, i.e. physical archiving of employee documents where legally required, statutory filing of local documents, etc.
- Perform workforce scheduling, and administers time and leave data entry for blue collar population
- Review and act on the feedback/comments from employees and HR users to improve the employee experience
- Collect company properties upon exit of employees (in absence of People Partner or Manager)
We are looking for:
- You are customer-oriented and passionate about employee experience! You have high energy and drive and efficiently manage resolution of every employee query.
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- Two-Three years’ experience in an HR role; you could also have several years’ experience in a customer-facing service role and an interest in pursuing a career in HR
- A degree in Human Resources or similar and knowledge of HR concepts are a strong plus
- Knowledge of local labour law would be beneficial
- Experience working with HR systems, preferably Workday, would be an asset.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, ability to manage conflict, and attention to detail
- Drive to identify needs, investigate options, seek solutions and partner with other HR colleagues to resolve issues
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be an engaged member of a virtual team
- Closure orientation and low tolerance for delays and deviations
- Fluent in English plus another regional language (list here e.g. Portuguese, Arabic and French speakers are also encouraged to apply, as we are looking to grow the hub in the coming year)
- The role is based in the People Partnering Hub in (city, country) or one of our key locations in (country).
- The People Partnering hub is a truly international HR support centre where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
- You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
- In this role you will act as first point of contact for employees and take ownership of managing each HR related query to conclusion in order to deliver a positive employee experience.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online