Eye Foundation Hospital Group (EFHG) is a healthcare group with specialty in Eye care services. The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Location: Gwarinpa, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: Medical Director
- The Optometrists will be responsible for examining, diagnosing, treating, and managing disorders of the visual system, eye diseases, and injuries
- You will prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses as needed, diagnose problems or impairments and provide treatment
- The Optometrist will interact with patient and staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Strong decision making ability and attention to detail are important in this position. .
Your duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses
- Examine patients’ eyes courteously using observation, instruments, equipment and pharmaceutical agents.
- In charge of the day to day running of the optical department, keeping and providing record of activities.
- Administering, organizing and planning the development of the practice.
- Communicating with patients to get detailed case histories
- Examining the eyes of patients of all ages to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects.
- Being aware of signs and symptoms of general health conditions (e.g. hypertension, asthma, ulcer, diabetes e.t.c).
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists if eye problems are beyond scope of practice.
- Offering advice to patients and reassuring them about vision-related matters.
- Offering help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses.
- Liaising with other medical practitioners and sometimes sharing the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- Meeting sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
- Undertaking continuing education and training (CET).
- Managing staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff, and training junior staff.
- Managing the retail aspects of spectacles, contact lenses and other vision care products.
- Participate in outreaches.
- Ensure that all consumables needed are available and on time.
- Work with other team members to coordinate the camp/hospital
- Generate various reports.
- Drive business growth in your unit.
- Ensure all equipment’s are well used and maintained.
- Provide innovation solutions.
- Advising the management on new development in the eye care industry.
- You will be required to work at our other branches from time to time.
- You shall report to the Lead Optometrist or other assigned superior on daily basis, and carry out assignments given that will uphold the values of the department.
- All other duties assigned by the Lead Optometrist and SHL Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a valid practicing License
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Optometry is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Good decision making.
- Team Building.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Planning and Coordination.
- Marketing skills is key for the role.
- Time Management.
- Spectacle skills.
- Must be able to refract.
Computer Savvy Skills:
- Must be an intermediate level user of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Respectful Engagement
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.