Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centered care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services. We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs. Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centers in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.
We seek to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to: Admin and Accounts Manager
- As the Purchasing Officer the post holder is responsible for managing all purchasing activities; s/he will ensure effective purchasing and regular delivery of goods and services needed by the Organization, which includes going to the market for procurement and market survey purposes.
- Procurement: Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing Period.
- Work with the Store Officer to create a re-order level for purchases
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Work with the admin department to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management.
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous work experience as an Operations and/or Procurement officer preferably in a health care sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or any related discipline.
- Certifications in HSE or Procurement and Supply Management is desired.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Ability to develop and deliver effective business and operational plans which are financially relevant.
- Proficient in office management software e.g. MS office – Word & Excel
- Strong operational management ability
- A clear focus on results – sets goals, plans, and prioritizes effectively, monitors efficiency and progress of work against plans.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.