The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer, KAL
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Pay Band: 4
Contract Type: Fixed Term ending September 2023
- The Operations Officer will support business delivery of the Kano Accelerated Learning (KAL) programme.
- The post holder will provide support to the project team in the delivery of all programme related processes and deliverables.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Ability to operate in English (both written and spoken) at a demanding business and cultural level (equivalent to CEF level C1 or IELTS 7)
- Relevant undergraduate degree from a recognised institution or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in project delivery support
- Experience organising and managing events/meetings/workshops with internal stakeholders/external partners
- Experience working as part of a successful team/function
- Basic IT skills including MS Word and Excel
- Experience working with donor funded programmes
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Experience working in FCDO-funded or related projects.
Role Specific Skills:
- Strong organisational skills and be detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines
- Project management
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
- Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.