Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client, a major player in the Oil and Gas Industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations / Logistics Manager
Location: Warri, Delta & Offshore
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Reporting Relationships: Reports to COO
Direct Reports: Operations Superintendent, Marine Logistics Coordinator, Beach Master, Admin Officer
- An Operations / Logistics Manager to provide successful management of business operations, while driving the implementation of policies and standards that align with the Business Unit’s vision and business philosophy.
- Work with the COO/CEO to develop and align company business objectives with the vision and long-term strategies of the Group.
- Communicate the Group’s vision and business strategy (short, medium and long terms) and ensure that the company operates in line with the Group’s governance policies, standards and values.
- To ensure the safe, secure, timely and cost-effective marine transport of personnel, goods, consumables and equipment.
- Work with the COO/CEO to develop and implement the company’s business strategies, growth plans and budgets in support of the Group’s long-term business direction.
- Support the COO/CEO to put adequate operational systems and controls in place to ensure proper monitoring of the company’s performance against plans and budgets.
- Support the COO/CEO to ensure that company operations and performance culture comply with approved financial, business and risk management objectives as well as applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Support the COO/CEO in monitoring members of the Business Unit leadership team to effectively deliver on respective functional programmes, achieve set targets and improve overall performance
- Ensure proper adherence to the Group’s Quality, Health and Safety policies across all functional units.
- Support the COO/CEO to facilitate resolution of high priority issues between departments and acts as one of the organisation’s ambassadors and spokespersons in matters involving external stakeholders.
- Work with the COO/CEO to prepare relevant reports to the Board of Directors on company’s performance target achievements (i.e financial results, market performance, organisational development plans and overall business performance).
Key Performance Metrics
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Reduced failure response time.
- Escalate and push for reduced response time from shore support on issues that require on shore intervention.
- Reduction in delays to loading at terminals.
- Strict adherence and compliance to QHSE policies and safe work rules.
- Follow up on factors that might increase fleet utilization and reduce downtime
- All Staff
- Regulatory agencies
- Financial institutions
- Community heads and other stakeholders
Physical Exertion on the Job:
- Yes – VERY HIGH due to working environment.
- Any good First Degree especially in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Social and Behavioural Scienc
- Post graduate business degree (including MBA) will be an advantage
- Any relevant professional certification.
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification work experience, 3 of which must have been at a management level in an Engineering, Procurement, Construction and maintenance business environment.
Skill and Competence Requirements:
- Strong ability to think strategically and make good judgements
- Highly ethical, self-motivated, diligent and enthusiastic with a winning mentality
- Strong ability to cope well with pressure, solve complex operational problems and deliver within tight timeframes
- Excellent analytical, business development and strategic planning skills
- Strong negotiation and management skills
- Excellent networking and people/relationship management ability, as well as interpersonal, project and change management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly innovative and adaptable
- Excellent leadership and organizational skill
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2021.
Method of Application
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.