The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Reference No.: R1295
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Administrative Assistant supports the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) and Technical Advisor in the financial and administrative management of the MTaPS Nigeria program.
- H/she assists in supporting the implementation of program activities and office management by providing secretarial tasks, scheduling of meetings, transport and logistical assistance, paperwork preparation, procurement of goods and services support, financial duties support, copying, filing and scanning of documentation, follow up with MSH Nigeria support team members, and assists with maintaining efficient office operations.
- This position must be aware of and adhere to the MSH Procurement Integrity policy and will assist in safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately donor against fraud, loss, or misuse. In this case s/he will be assisting the STA in discharging some duties as per instructions.
Workshops & Trainings:
- Support the STA and team with booking travel and accommodations and support processing authorizations.
- Support the team by reserving venues, catering needs
- Support the team with preparing conference/workshop materials or with collecting paperwork from participants or filling out forms, training reports and attendance lists.
Travel, Transport and Logistics:
- Support with booking tickets per the provided itinerary and arrange airport transfers.
- Help prepare and disseminate travel information for visitor briefings.
- Support arrangement of ground transport (taxis or car/driver) Work with team to draft an itinerary to share as requested.
Front Office & Facilities:
- Responsible for front desk coverage such as receiving and making calls, visitors, deliveries and dispatches.
- Coordinate and schedule boardroom bookings and any support need during the use such as set up of the relevant equipment.
- Support in the delivery of materials purchased
- Send, deliver, collect correspondence and documents including Delivery Notes/Delivery Protocol, Airtime justifications
- Coordinate and prepare mailings, post or courier/shipping of documents to/from project sites
- Assist with voucher preparation ensuring all the necessary paperwork is attached.
- Assist the team with any scheduling of external meetings.
- Pre fill documentation under the supervision and guidance of the team such as Purchase Requisitions; Travel Advances, plans, activity profiles.
- Support the team with copying, printing, routine scanning and filing of program, financial and training materials.
- Support the STA and team with routinely updating the asset tracker with all required information as requested.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent relevant experience
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in similar role
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Works under supervision of the STA, with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of the job requirements
- English fluency preferred
Core Job Competencies:
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point 2007 and knowledge of Photoshop. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online