MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer – Payroll (Finance)
Job Identification: 1126
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Salaries
- Coordinate the processing, remittance, reconciliation and reporting of all payroll related statutory liabilities (PAYE, NHF), ensuring MTNN’s compliance with all payroll related tax laws and regulations.
- Monitor prompt submission of payroll related inputs and review same for accuracy in terms of claims, allowances, tax relief and deductions.
- Administer statutory audit (concerning PAYE, ITF and NHF) process and respond promptly to payroll related queries raised by tax authorities and other regulatory bodies, preparing PAYE audit support data for external auditor’s use.
- Run the payroll software ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
- Coordinate the preparation of year-end tax forms (Form A) for both national and expatriate staff and file tax returns in compliance with the guidelines of the statutory authorities.
- Prepare monthly reports related to the payroll statutory deduction within MTNN.
- Execute salary administration activities including preparation of annual budget of Salary Unit, reviewing salaries journal vouchers, monitoring amortizations and accrual of salaries and reconciliations.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of all payroll related payments made to statutory authorities
- Register new MTNN staff with the State and Federal Board of Inland Revenue (SBIR, FBIR) and other internal revenue regulatory agencies to avert penalty that may arise.
- First Degree in Accounting
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in payroll management and tax
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2022 at 11:59 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online