Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ODS Manager – 3PL Expansion & Relations
Job type: Full-time
- The On-Demand Services Manager 3PL Expansion and Relations will engage in a fully end to end perspective into the business of Jumia Services and will be in charge of expanding and improving Jumia’s 3PL marketplace and maintain long term relationships with existing partners across on-demand services.
- ODS Manager, 3PL Expansion & Relations will support the growth Third-Party Logistics (3PL) and ensure we always have enough supply to cater to the demand.
3PL Expansion and Onboarding:
- Build a pitch deck for different functions where 3PL are required
- Create full year expansion plan and set weekly, monthly, quarterly targets and publish planned vs actuals
- Train and coach the team of associates to execute the onboarding plan
- Identify and define the critical capabilities needed to support Jumia’s Supply Chain strategies and ensure enough 3PLs are there cover the needs
- Lead the lead generation, conversion and onboarding funnel.
- Conduct role plays and focused group discussions with 3PLs
- To prepare and evaluate the onboarding of 3PLs at an individual level
- Own onboarding new 3PLs into the Jumia ecosystem for last mile operations
- Reduce lead generation to onboarding time and solve 3PL issues during this stage
- Ensure 100% compliance to internal process of KYC, Contracts etc
- Negotiate best prices with 3PLs in line with the payment structure defined.
3PL Onboarding Flow & Relations with Partners:
- Define rules of engagement and Identify your exact needs and establish clear goals and objectives with 3PL and internal teams
- Roll out various initiatives for 3PL onboarding via Facebook, instagram, and other channels.
- Track and maintain feedback on the onboarding experience of 3PL Partners
- Get the most out of your partners involved with strategic conversations and long-term planning
- To sustain & grow the partners existing and new. Which will have direct impact on the business.
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite– Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 5 years minimum experience, preferably in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatives supply chain
- Clear understanding of Transportation Logistics network management, Retail or Customer Service processes and priorities
- You are highly goal driven, use project management skills and work well in fast paced environments.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
- Experience in strategy and complex network management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to work with people from different backgrounds
- Team player and flexible to rapidly changing work schedules
- Excellent team management and coaching skills
- High analytical skills;
- IT savvy
- Conflict management.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online