Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Banking Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Entity: Oando Energy resources
Unit / Department: Finance
Reports To: Treasury Manager
External Contacts: Bank Relationship Managers (Foreign and Local Banks) and Auditors
Overall Purpose of Job
- The Treasury/Banking officer is responsible for the day to day activities of the treasury department i.e. bank movements, balances & charges reviews.
- Also to plan, assess, monitor, and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial resources in a manner consistent with the agreed procedures and objectives of the Company.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability
- Review and consolidate Bank Reconciliation and Fund Management analysis
- Review bank entries and 1st level approval for transactions
- Prepare and analyze Cash flow Forecast & Debt management Facility Reviews
- Operational Bank and cash coordination
- Review and consolidate Multi-level GL and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with bank account bank account procedures.
- Set up all bank mandate documentations and maintain bank related records
- Support Treasurer in Managing debt obligations and lender relationships.
- Ensure day to day control of bank accounts to maintain an adequate level of working capital.
- Review and consolidate weekly cash flow & liquidity report
- Ensure treasury operational functions such as cash management, cash forecasting, and interest rate monitoring.
- Reviewing Cashflow forecasts and consolidating reports
- Approve system inputs including raising of Receipts on payments (via AR).
- Review booking of loans and deposits (short and long term)
- Consolidate the Group debt schedules for the Group financial statements.
- Review internal treasury reporting which includes treasury reporting which includes variance analysis and supporting schedules implementing efficient global cash management system, cash forecasting and variance analysis.
- Assist with Interest rate risk/exchange rate management through tools such as Swap management through tools such as Swap instruments and forwards.
- Authorize the petty cash system and regularly review the petty cash process.
- 1st Degree from a reputable University with bias for Social Science and Accounting and Finance courses.
- Professional Certification (ACA, ACCA, CPA) is desirable but not compulsory.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience within a reputable and structured organization preferably an Oil & Gas multinational.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft excel, financial modelling and power point.
- Competency & Level
- Oil & Gas industry dynamics – Medium
- Financial Reporting & Modelling – Medium
- Knowledge of Corporate Treasury & Cash Forecasting techniques – Medium
- Analytical & Research minded – Medium
- Microsoft office skills – High
- Creativity & Innovation – Low
- Organization/Administration abilities – High
- Good Interpersonal Relations – Medium
- Good Oral & Written Communication – High.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely submission of all assigned reports
- Ensure treasury control functions
- Support treasurer and Treasury Manager in cash planning
- Efficient transaction processing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online