United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition Specialist, P – 3
Job no: 546713
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
How Can You Make a Difference?
- The Nutrition Specialist supports the development and preparation of the nutrition programme and is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting the programme progress of a sector of the nutrition programme within the country programme.
- The Nutrition Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in maternal, infant and child nutrition programmes/projects.
- This is carried out according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance, and accountability framework.
Summary of Key Functions / Accountabilities
Support to programme development and planning:
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- If you are passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you through your application.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will need to have…
- An Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: Nutrition, Public Health, Nutritional Epidemiology, Global / International Health and Nutrition, Health / Nutrition Research, Policy and/or Management, Health Sciences, Nutritional Epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online