Royal Hospital, a National Health Insurance Scheme accredited health care provider and one of the first ever private hospitals located in Enugu, is recruiting qualified candidates for immediate employment in the position below:
Job Title: Nurse / Midwife (RN / RM)
Employment Type: Full Time
Responsibilities and Attributes
- Provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and per scheduled shift
- Role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families
- Managing patients with various medical cases
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem focused, and age-specific assessment techniques
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients’ needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome
- Document all relevant data in the medical record according to hospital standards
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations
- Initiate appropriate discharge plan
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems
- Demonstrate required assessment and therapeutic skills
- Implement and monitor infection control measures
- Apply safety measures related to patient care
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely
- Ensure availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the hospital management
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as staff nurse (RN) / Midwife (RM),
- Must have 2-4 years cognate clinical experience in direct patient care and a minimum of 12 months in a multiple bed hospital.
- Age: Not more than 45 years.
Remuneration for Position
Very attractive, highly competitive and negotiable.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 17th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with a detailed resume and three verifiable references, attaching all credentials and Birth Certificates or Statutory Declaration of Age to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- All applications must be received on or before the closing date.