Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse Anesthetist
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Reports to: Chief Intensivist
- This role is responsible for preparing and administering proper dose of anesthesia to patients in theatre.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare and administer the proper dose of anesthesia.
- Monitor patients’ vital signs and their dose of anesthesia during medical procedures.
- Prepare patients for anesthesia, including physical assessment and preoperative counselling.
- Evaluate patients’ progress before, during, and after medical procedures.
- Maintain anesthesia during an operation.
- Manage patients’ recovery from anesthesia.
- Educate patients about their surgery and recovery.
- Monitor patients’ vitals and adjust anesthesia levels as required during surgery.
- Oversee patient’s safety as they recover from anesthesia.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals
- Ability to label drugs accurately with concentration.
- Compliance with prophylactic antibiotics before surgery.
- Compliance with the use of aldrete score for discharge of patients.
- Compliance with fluid chart recording.
- Incidence report and adequate documentation.
- Use of SOPs/adherence to quality standards.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online