The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: NodeJS Backend Developer
Host Entity: UN Women
Duration: 1 – 5
Number of Assignment: 2
Sustainable Development Goal: 8. Decent work and economic growth
Expected Start Date: 01/06/2022
Volunteer Category: National UN Volunteer Specialist
- The unemployment rate in Nigeria is high and growing. The assignment is to enable us to launch a web platform that would give university students opportunities to gain work experience and acquire work-ready skills while still in school. We believe this will boost their probability of getting employed after graduating.
- We are looking for two volunteers to join our team of developers to build the backend of a web platform using NodeJS and NestJS. The platform is to connect students to online internship opportunities.
- All the UX designs have been completed, the volunteers will work with the frontend developers remotely and we will provide the volunteers with all the necessary information. We will communicate with volunteers primarily through email and Slack. The volunteer will work in a team with other online volunteers.
- Volunteers should be highly experienced in NodeJS and NestJS.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.