Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NMC Operator
- To provide first and second level support on all Company’s products and services. To configure, monitor and manage the Company’s Content Delivery Network, to ensure maximum service availability to external and internal customers by providing efficient operations and maintenance support.
- Perform network surveillance 24/7, respond to network-reported and customer-reported problems and manage problem resolution using network monitoring/management tools.
- Take ownership to ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Escalate problems to third level support (Problem management team) where these cannot be resolved within the Network Operations Centre (NOC).
- Perform general “system administration” tasks on all elements of the network.
- Perform documented network configuration procedures.
- Pro-actively monitor network and system performance.
- Analyze traffic data and trends and escalate areas of concern to officer on duty.
- Through pro-active and systematic review, discover problem areas which could negatively impact system performance or customer satisfaction.
- Provide scheduled and on-demand traffic analysis reports.
- Maintains inventory of equipment acquisitions, installations, designs, and modifications.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on diesel delivery/consumption and Monitor generator capacity and mileage.
- Monitors the Network Monitoring System and responds to and addresses system generated alerts as needed.
- Monitors and ensures the stability of the network infrastructure hosting Network Monitoring System.
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at Company’s POPs).
- Optimizes Company’s network performance and clients service delivery meeting.
- QOC metrics per client SLA’s.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job‐related instructions to perform.
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science/ Engineering or other related Course.
- 2+ years experience as network engineer preferable in an ISP/Telco environment.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a cross-functional team.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, good telephone manner.
- Practical, accurate and precise.
- Good knowledge of enterprise-class IP infrastructure (routers/switches/firewalls).
- Experience of network management.
- Good knowledge of networking equipment administration.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Confident in MS office applications (particularly Excel).
- Able to work on a 24/7 shift Rotation and available for weekend/public holiday.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform the technical requirements.
- Solid troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2021 by 3 pm
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.