NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Recruitment 2022 for Third Officers
Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Recruitment 2022 for Third Officers as vacancies are open till deadline. NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) was incorporated as a private limited liability company on 9th October 2008 as a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited. The company provides a wide range of shipping services covering training, manning, fleet management, terminal management services and consultancy services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Third Officer
Job Grade: Shipboard Officer
Contract Type: Voyage Contract
- To provide assistance to the deck team onboard the ship and carryout all duties as prescribed by the master.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Third Officer understudies and assists the Second Officer. He/She must keep a navigational watch.
- During cargo operations, he/she will assist with cargo operations, stability, ballast operations, moorings and ship security during the period of his watch.
- He/She is responsible for the safety of all personnel working for him.
- He/She is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all deck portable firefighting equipment and lifesaving appliances.
- He/She is responsible to the Master for the completion of records of on -board training.
- Where required shall act as nominated officer for the GMDSS station with responsibility for associated tests and records.
- He/She is responsible for the upkeep of the Recreational and Technical library.
- The Third Officer must carry out any lawful command and delegated duty as issued by the Master.
The right candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian seafarer
- Have a minimum of three months experience on a Gas Tanker, preferably LNG tanker
- Have a minimum of OOW Deck Certificate of Competency issued by a Maritime Agency approved by the Bermuda flag. (See link https://bsma.bm/seafarers/)
- Be 18 years of age or above.
- International Passport
- Seaman’s Discharge Book
- STCW Mandatories (PSSR, PST, Fire Fighting and Prevention)
- STCW Advanced certificates (PSCRB & Advanced Fire Fighting approved by Bermuda Flag)
- Yellow Fever Card
- Advanced Gas Tanker certificate
- Advanced Liquefied Gas Tanker Endorsement
- ECDIS certificate
- Efficient Deck Hands
- Gas Tanker Familiarisation
- Human Element and Leadership Management (Operational Level)
- NAEST (Operational Level)
- Medical First Aid
- Safety Officer Certificate
- Designated Security Duties
- Shipboard Security Officer.
- Sperry ECDIS Type-Specific
- Seafarer Medical Certificate approved by Bermuda flag.
Application Closing Date
10th April, 2022.
How to Apply For NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Recruitment 2022 for Third Officers
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Fill the online application form and upload your CV and other documents.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to an outright disqualification of such candidate(s)