Good morning! Right here is at the moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. At the very least, 11 individuals have been killed and a number of other others injured, after Boko Haram terrorists attacked Takulashe village in Chibok Native Authorities Space of Borno State.
The village was attacked at about 10:00pm on Sunday, an assault which lasted for over three hours earlier than the army arrived to repel the attackers.
2. The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), has launched the outcomes of the West African Senior Faculty Certificates Examination (WASSCE) for Faculty Candidates, 2020.
WAEC Head of the Nigeria Nationwide Workplace, Patrick Areghan, who disclosed this at a press briefing on Monday, mentioned candidates who sat for the examination and who’ve fulfilled their monetary obligations to the council can entry their efficiency on the council’s outcomes web site.
3. The Nationwide Examinations Council (NECO), on Monday, introduced that 2020 Senior Faculty Certificates Examination (SSCE) in all states and Abuja, will resume on November 9.
NECO spokesperson, Azeez Sani,mentioned that the examination physique will make the brand new schedule out there to most of the people, faculties and candidates from November 4.
4. Forward of the 2023 normal elections, presidential marketing campaign posters of Rotimi Amaechi, Minister of Transportation have surfaced.
The marketing campaign posters which even have Nasir El-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State as Amaechi’s operating mate for the 2023 presidential election, have been sighted in entrance of the Ministry of Overseas Affairs and a few highways in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.
5. The Tutorial Employees Union of Universities, ASUU, has identified why it received’t name off the commercial motion embarked upon by its members.
The Coordinator of the Calabar Zone of ASUU, Dr. Aniekan Brown mentioned the commercial motion would proceed so long as the federal government insists on the Built-in Payroll and Private Info System, IPPIS.
6. The All Progressives Congress, APC, on Monday, dismissed insinuations that the Finish SARS protest could have an effect on the get together’s presidential probabilities in 2023.
APC’s Deputy Nationwide Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, insisted that the protests is not going to in any manner have an effect on the get together’s probabilities of retaining energy in 2023.
7. The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has revealed those that hijacked the peaceable Finish SARS protest.
El-Rufai, who famous that the peaceable protest was hijacked by anti-democratic forces, nonetheless, famous that organisers of the protest had the perfect of intentions for the nation.
8. The Northern States Governors Discussion board (NSGF) together with conventional rulers and stakeholders have known as for the regulation of social media in Nigeria.
In a communiqué issued in Kaduna on Monday on the finish of their assembly with conventional rulers and different political workplace holders from the area, the discussion board mentioned the brand new media must be regulated in an effort to halt the risks of spreading faux information.
9. The Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC) has confirmed the invitation of Mr. Babatunde Fowler, former Chairman of the Federal Inland Income Service (FIRS) for questioning.
EFCC spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, advised newsmen on Monday that Fowler was invited by the fee however responded to the invitation on Monday.
10. Kabul College in Afghanistan was attacked on Monday.
The establishment was internet hosting the ‘Afghanistan and Iran e book exhibition’. Hundreds, together with college students, workers and guests, scampered as armed males fired sporadically.