Good morning! Right here is immediately’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The continued nationwide protest in opposition to the actions of the Particular Anti-Theft Squad, on Monday, turned bloody in Lagos.
In Surulere, a protester was killed whereas a number of others have been injured and arrested by the police.
2. Nigeria’s vice-president, Yemi Osinbajo, has stated that no matter police unit that may change the Particular Anti-Theft Squad (SARS), have to be “acceptable” and compliant to all of the tenets of the rule of legislation and human rights.
In an announcement signed by his spokesperson, Laolu Akande, on Monday, the Vice President famous that the disbandment of the tactical unit is step one to intensive police reforms.
3. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has banned Finish SARS protest within the State.
Port Harcourt was meant to have its flip of the #EndSARS protest, immediately, however Wike in an announcement by the Commissioner for Data and Communications within the State, stated the choice to ban the proposed protest follows the scrapping of the Particular Anti-Theft Squad by the Inspector Normal of Police.
4. All Finish SARS protesters detained in Lagos have been freed.
They’re Okara Nkem, Ayodeji Ayeni, Nduka Treasure, Adeola Adebayo, Adetifa Olanrewaju and Ademola Ojabodu. Their freedom was facilitated by Home of Representatives Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Feyikemi Abudu, Moe Odele, amongst others.
5. Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, the President of the Educational Workers Union of Universities, ASUU, on Monday launched an alternative choice to the Built-in Payroll and Personnel Data System, IPPIS, to the Senate management.
In keeping with him, the go to was a comply with as much as the sooner one held in October 2019 between the physique of lecturers and the management of the Senate.
6. The Inspector Normal of Police, Mohammed Adamu, and the Nationwide Human Rights Fee (NHRC) met on Monday.
They convened a stakeholders’ discussion board to debate implementation of suggestions of the Presidential Panel earlier established on Particular Anti-Theft Squad (SARS).
7. The Peoples Democratic Get together, PDP, on Monday, reacted to the reelection of Rotimi Akeredolu as Governor of Ondo State.
PDP stated it might probably’t congratulate Akeredolu as a result of enchantment by the All Progressives Congress, APC, Caretaker Chairman, Governor Mai Mala Buni.
8. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) has recorded 164 new COVID-19 infections in FCT and 14 States throughout the nation.
The well being company stated that the 164 new infections introduced the nation’s confirmed COVID-19 infections to 60,430.’
9. The speaker Edo State Home of Meeting, Rt. Hon Frank Okiye representing Esan north east constituency 1 has been impeached.
With the event, Hon. Marcus Onobu from Esan West constituency emerges the brand new speaker of the Home.
10. Greater than 20 folks have been killed in gasoline tanker explosion at Igbelajewa space alongside Ilesa-Akure expressway in Osun State.
The Public Relations Officer of the FRSC, Mrs Agness Ogungbemi who confirmed the crash to newsmen stated the driving force of a MACK Tanker loaded with diesel misplaced management of the car.