Good morning! Right here is at present’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Nigeria on Thursday marked the sixtieth anniversary of her freedom from colonial masters. The occasion was, nonetheless, greeted with a nationwide protest tagged ‘Revolution Now.’
2. The peaceable protesters of Coalition of Revolution (CORE) motion Thursday, decried the brutality they suffered within the palms of operatives of the Division of Safety Service (DSS) in Osun State.
The protesters, who gathered on the well-liked Olaiya in Osogbo on Thursday to protest the state of the nation, had been allegedly dispersed, arrested and brutalized by the DSS.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has introduced a brand new worth for the pump worth of petrol within the nation.
Buhari stated gasoline will now be offered at N161 per liter in Nigeria, noting that different nations reminiscent of Ghana, Niger, Chad, Saudi Arabia and different oil-producing international locations promote petrol on the next costs than Nigeria.
4. The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, has referred to as on the Federal Authorities to supply a resilient base for sustainable growth for the wellbeing of all Nigerians no matter ethnic and non secular orientation within the nation.
Ayuba Wabba, NLC President, who made the decision in a message to employees and Nigerians on the nation’s sixtieth Independence Anniversary, stated that the journey of Nigeria’s nationhood couldn’t be full with out citing the timeless and nice contribution of the Nigerian working class within the liberation and developmental wrestle for the nation.
5. Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum was warned towards travelling few days earlier than his September 25 journey to Baga the place over 11 safety personnel misplaced their lives.
A former Deputy Director of the Division of State Service (DSS), Dennis Amakiri, who this revelation, claimed Governor Zulum was warned earlier towards shifting however he ignored it.
6. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) on Thursday night time, introduced 153 new COVID-19 circumstances, bringing the whole case recognized within the nation to 59,001.
The brand new circumstances had been reported from 14 states – Lagos (81), Rivers (21), FCT (11), Ogun (8), Kaduna (7), Oyo (6), Akwa Ibom (5), Osun (3), Katsina (3), Edo (2), Ebonyi (2), Nasarawa (2), Plateau (1) and Kano (1).
7. The Peoples Democratic Celebration (PDP) has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to rejig its cupboard and save Nigeria from collapse, even on the event of the sixtieth anniversary.
The social gathering in its assertion signed by its Nationwide Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan requested the President to “inject new blood” into his administration.
8. United States President Donald Trump and his spouse, Melania have examined constructive to COVID-19.
Trump, who introduced this in a tweet on his Twitter web page on Friday, stated they are going to be quarantined and restoration course of will start instantly.
9. The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has stated President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted for Nigeria to take loans.
In line with the previous Governor of Rivers State, the loans are meant for infrastructural growth in a number of elements of the nation.
10. The All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate within the just-concluded Edo State governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has hinted that he may search authorized redress over the result of the ballot.
In line with him, lots of people have been asking about his subsequent line of motion however he would resolve on what subsequent to do in no distant time.