Good morning! Right here is at the moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Nigeria on Tuesday recorded 239 new circumstances of the novel coronavirus, the Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) mentioned.
The nation now has a complete of 54,247 confirmed circumstances, with 42,010 individuals discharged and 1,023 deaths.
2. A former Nationwide Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, on Tuesday escaped dying in a automobile crash, with two policemen connected to his convoy confirmed lifeless.
The accident occurred when an articulated automobile misplaced management and bumped into Oshiomhole’s convoy close to Oluku junction within the Ovia North-East Native Authorities Space of Edo State.
3. The Presidency on Tuesday doused speculations that the Corporations and Allied Issues Act 2020 was focused at church buildings, mosques and different spiritual our bodies.
The Particular Assistant to the President on Niger Delta Affairs and former Nationwide Meeting Presidential Liaison Officer, Senator Ita Enang, made the clarification throughout a short ceremony held on the secretariat of the Christain Affiliation of Nigeria in Abuja, the place he acquired the place paper of CAN on behalf of the President, Main Normal Muhammadu Buhari (retd).
4. Nnamdi Kanu, chief of the Indigenous Folks of Biafra, IPOB, has made claims about Pastor Enoch Adeboye’s refusal to talk with the press after his assembly with President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday.
Kanu claimed that what the Pastor noticed in Aso Rock his mouth couldn’t communicate.
5. Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have kidnapped the Chief Medical Director, CMD, of the Normal Hospital in Idoani, Ose Native Authorities Space of Ondo State.
The abductors, who laid ambush on the CMD, Dr. Olufemi Adeogun additionally kidnapped a file officer with the hospital, Mrs. Foluke Ajibola and one other but to be recognized sufferer.
6. The Director of Finance and Account within the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, Moses Chimereze Okpo, is lifeless.
Ani Ekong, spokesperson to the Minister, Godswill Akpabio, confirmed that director had been sick even earlier than the pandemic period.
7. The Senate on Tuesday denied the declare by the Govt Director (Initiatives) of NDDC, Cairo Ojuogboh, that Nationwide Meeting members obtained between N20m and 15m as COVID-19 palliatives from the from the Nigerian Delta Improvement Fee, NDDC.
Senate charged Ojuogboh to offer proof of lawmakers who benefitted from the funds or publicly apologize for making such an allegation.
8. The President of the Christian Affiliation of Nigeria, CAN, Rev. Olasupo Ayokunle, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to make sure the suspension of the implementation of the Corporations and Allied Issues Act, CAMA.
Ayokunle warned that the CAMA Act was inimical to the curiosity, safety, peace and stability of Nigerians, therefore needs to be suspended.
9. The Kogi State Authorities has disclosed date for reopening of colleges in any respect ranges within the state.
Wemi Jones, the state’s Commissioner for Training, Science and Know-how, disclosed that main, secondary colleges and tertiary establishments would reopen on September 14.
10. No fewer than eight individuals, together with girls and kids have been confirmed lifeless after a canoe capsized at Tungar-Gegero in Jega Native Authorities Space of Kebbi State.
The Chairman, Kebbi State Emergency Administration Company (SEMA), Alhaji Sani Dododo, who disclosed this to newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Tuesday, mentioned that at about 10:30 a.m., there was an incident at Tungar-Gegero in Jega Native Authorities Space, the place eight individuals misplaced their lives to canoe mishap.